Join us in March and April 2020 for our Surrey Hills MTB for beginners. This is the perfect introduction for the regular cyclist or budding mountain biker looking for a sociable, relaxed but structured launch pad into singletrack riding. During the 12 mile ride we will share our expertise and knowledge, to provide you with the perfect foundation to take your off-road cycling to the next level. During the ride, we will stop in suitable places to share tips and advice on core bike handling techniques.
Our professional MTB leaders will provide a super relaxed and sociable day that will kick-off with the all important informative briefing. After the chilled start we will explore the woodland trails and bridleways that festoon the famous Surrey Hills, which are within an hour from central London. Depending on the overall level of the group, we will use our unrivalled knowledge of the trail network to dynamically adapt the ride to ensure your introduction to trail riding and singletrack, is all about high-fives and ear to ear grins.
- Duration: 2-3 hours
- Distance: 12-14 miles (approx.)
- Elevation gain: 1,200 ft (approx.)
- Meet time: 9.30 am | 10 am on bikes
- Meet point: Hurtwood car park 9 (Felbury House), Holmbury St. Mary
- Technical Grade: Advanced beginner (See below for further description)
(any questions, please contact us)
Need Bike Hire to Join us?
- We can organise hire for you from a local bike shop. The options are a Santa Cruz Chameleon hardtail at £45 and or a Bronson full suspension bike for £80 for the day
- Send us an email at email@example.com once you have booked your place to reserve a hire bike
Is this ride for me?
- This ride is aimed at the novice off-road cyclist and the regular beginner mountain biker looking for a sociable and informative guided ride
- You are an active person who has the personal fitness to ride for at least 2-3 hours at a social and comfortable pace
- You will be proficient with operating your bicycle in the correct manner
- The trails will include features such as roots, small rollable drop-offs and loose rocks. All of which are rollable or can be ridden around
- All the trails will have options to ride around features that you do not feel comfortable riding
- You have your own suitable mountain bike (Hybrid and budget bicycles are not suitable for this ride)
- The ride does contain many undulating and moderately long climbs
You have the personal fitness to ride for at least 2-3 hours at a social and comfortable pace
- You are aged 18 and over unless accompanied by an adult also participating on this ride
- If this sounds a little beyond your current skill and fitness level, please contact us for other options at firstname.lastname@example.org